Can't Sleep A Wink?
This week, The Weekly Beet brings you tips to end your days of Insomnia. The Beet Girls says it's time to throw out your Ambien and try a few of our favorite remedies to ensure a good night's sleep.
Insomnia, the inability to obtain a proper amount of Zzzzs, is not to be taken lightly! With an estimated 100 million Americans and 10 million British suffering from Insomnia, it is clear that alot of us spend our days in a sleep deprived state. We feel there is nothing worse than feeling exhausted after a restless night of tossing and turning. It's bad enough waking up with bags and circles under your eyes, let alone feeling tired, depressed, and irritated. Fear not, for you are not alone!
If counting sheep doesn't seem to do the trick, try a few our unBEETable tips to help you drift off to Dreamland:
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to your bath. Or, try a few drops on your lamp ring. The ultimate in relaxation!
- Rub sesame oil on your feet. Put socks on for super absorption!
- Drink chamomile tea before bedtime.
- Try a meditation tape or some relaxing music such as Enya just before getting into bed. This will .
quiet your overactive mind. If you still can't sleep, focus on your Breath while listening to Dr. Weil's CD on Deep Breathing
- Use earplugs for maximum noise reduction and an eye mask for maximum light reduction.
- Avoid alcohol, sugar, and coffee. It's best to eat a light meal 4 hours before bedtime.
- Stop worrying and start sleeping!
Now you can go to sleep thanks to the Beet! Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week.
Mary Kent & Elisa
PS. Check out Julie Smolyansky, President and CEO of Lifeway Foods, at Ladies Who Launch.
PS. Mary Kent and Elisa are wearing necklace and bracelet by Mehbs Yaqub. Eye mask was grabbed from Delta's business class travel kit. Top is H&M.