Go For A Float!
This week, The Weekly Beet leaves behind the forces of gravity to test the ultimate craze in deep relaxation. Mary Kent goes for a float to reveal the miraculous health benefits of the Floatation Tank.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Get ready for take off! It looks like a spaceship, it frees the body from the forces of gravity, and it's the most relaxing experience on Planet Earth! From spas to centers and hospitals, Floatation Tanks are beginning to orbit the world. Developed in America by neurophysiologist Dr. John Cunningham Lilly in 1950, the Floatation Tank was built to eliminate sight, sound, and gravity with the original goal of testing how external stimulus affects the brain. During a session, the Floatation Tank, a futuristic bathtub, is filled with 10 inches of warm water and 700 pounds of Epsom salt, creating for the floater weightlessness like that of an astronaut in space. All of these elements are the perfect enivorment for the body to relax, the blood to circulate, and the mind to be at peace. Most floating sessions last for an hour, the equivalent of giving the entire body 4 hours of serious downtime. The beauty of floating, as proven by science, is that endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, are released and allow the mind to reach inner peace and happiness. Now, that's what we call unBEETable!
If something as simple as being still in water can give so many health benefits, it's no wonder everyone is floating! Here's why The Beet Girls say you should go Tank-ing:
- Helps reduce physical and mental stress.
- Diminishes depression, fear, and anxiety.
- Helps reduce insomnia, headaches, and chronic fatigue.
- Eases symptoms of jet lag.
- Rejuvenates and revitalizes energy levels.
- Creates mental clarity and increased concentration.
- Aids in recovery after injury and strenuous exercise.
- Helps reduce blood pressure, preventing heart attack & stroke.
- Helps ease back pain and arthritis.
- Eases skin conditions such as eczema.
- Aids in freedom from addictions of smoking and alcohol.
Ready for lift off? Click here for a listing of destinations on where to float.
Relax! Go for a float! Don't miss a Beet. Stay tuned for next week.
Don't forget to check out Tarsian & Blinkley!
Check out Ladies Who Launch.